I love being able to create documents and take notes using my BI 40X. The Brailliant provides this functionality, which I use for journal and technology books writing, or note taking. I also love being able to download and read books directly on the unit and appreciate being able to navigate in Word and HTML documents. Being able to read PDFs is also incredibly useful!
Brailliant BI 40X braille display
The faster, stronger, future–forward braille display
Uniquely powered by Bluetooth 5 wireless technology, this refreshable 40–cell braille display will double your pairing speed and quadruple your range, providing a more reliable and stable connection for an outstanding user experience. Plus, the Brailliant BI X series of braille displays are the first to include text-to-speech, bringing you closer to a hybrid notetaker feel.
I have found several powerful ways to use my BI 40X as I stay active both at home and in my community. I use the BI 40X to read scriptures and make presentations of my reports at meetings. As a powerful notetaker, I rely on the editor for my quiet taking of notes. Being able to read PDFs is so helpful. That adds to my power use.
The Brailliant BI 40X is a wonderful piece of technology. I connect it to my computer so that I can use braille with my screen reader. I also use it to write notes for public presentations and to make the presentations as well. I really like the way the machine feels, and I have probably done more reading in braille since I have gotten this unit than I have done in the past.
I really do enjoy using my Brailliant BI 40X display. I would call myself a returning student. After being retired and living at home, I recently began courses at an online Institution. I have had access to more books that I can read in braille using my Brailliant. This is changing how I studied in the past, making it much more enjoyable. Thank you so much for such a great product.
How does this product change your life?
With the latest Bluetooth 5 wireless technology, Brailliant BI 40X offers you a reliable connection to multiple devices at once. Plus, the KeySoft Lite application suite is ready to give you a smarter, more intuitive user experience.
By allowing you to speak the word under the cursor and announce an unfamiliar word, the text-to-speech feature promotes braille proficiency, making it easier to switch from uncontracted to contracted braille.
You can customize the main menu, configure the thumb keys, select the braille table, and adjust the auto-scroll speed to suit your reading preferences and maximize your comfort.
HumanWare's signature thumb keys make reading effortless, while the KeySoft Lite editing application makes discreet note taking a pleasure. With 32GB of usable internal storage and the included onboard translation ensuring compatibility with various file types, managing data has never been easier. Once paired with your screen reader via Bluetooth or USB connections, emailing, saving, and transferring documents of various file types couldn't be easier.
Do you value connectivity and productivity above all else? The future–ready Brailliant BI 40X is designed for those who want to accomplish both in one single device.
- 40 cells braille display with cursor routing keys
- Connects to 5 Bluetooth devices and 1 USB device simultaneously
- 20 hrs battery life
- Wake up iOS function
- Text-to-speech (TTS) – applies to English, Spanish and French system languages only
- Connect to participating online libraries including Bookshare, NLS BARD and NFB Newsline
- Government mode (optional on purchase)
- Exam mode
- Onboard applications powered by KeySoft Lite including Daisy
- Daisy unprotected audio playback
- BookReader and Editor
- Over 250 Onboard language braille tables
- File compatibility includes docx, brf, brl, txt, html and pdf
- HumanWare signature thumb keys for ergonomic reading
- 8 dot Perkins keyboard with 2 space bars
- 6 command keys
- Battery life: 20 hours
Screen reader compatibility with JAWS 18 and above, Dolphin SuperNova, NVDA, VoiceOver iOS and MAC iOS
- Editor: KeyPad
- Braille Editor: KeyBrf
- Calculator: KeyCalc
- Date and time
- Online libraries
- Victor Reader
System languages supported (including Menu translation):
- French fr
- French ca
- Portuguese Brazil
- Device weight: 690 g (1.5 lbs)
- Device dimensions (w x d x h): 304 x 89 x 20 mm / 12’’ x 3.5’’ x 0.8‘’
- Non–removable battery
- 256 MB of RAM memory
- 32 GB of internal storage capacity to serve as the boot device, firmware and data storage
- 32–bit ARM based Cortex®-A5, 536MHz processor
- Bluetooth 5 technology
- Audio Codec with volume control, 1W stereo speaker output and stereo headphones output
- Microphone (currently inactive)
- Rechargeable 2500 mAh Li-Ion battery
- USB type C device high speed interface for connection to a computer and recharge.
- USB 2.0 type A host to connect an external thumb drive (FAT32 and xFAT )
- Real Time clock
- 801.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless module for Wi–Fi connectivity (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and Bluetooth 5.0
- Vibration motor for haptic feedback
What's in the box?
- Brailliant BI 40X braille display
- Micro fibre carrying case and shoulder strap
- USB – C cable
- Power supply
- Printed quick start guide