For Windows and DOS, the Duxbury Braille Translator allows you to create highly accurate Braille for textbooks, office memos, bus schedules, letters, ADA compliant signs and more, regardless of your familiarity with Braille formatting rules.
While it is perfect for beginners, at the same time the tremendous capabilities of this system make it a must-have for professional Braille transcribers.
- Built-in interline printing to have ink-Braille and print together. This makes an easy proofing and teaching tool. Great for the Braille-impaired too!
- American Math/Science Code (Nemeth) translation
- Intermediate levels (between grade 1 and 2) for American Braille
- The ability to include tactile graphics files for mixed text-and-graphic documents
- Separate versions for Windows and DOS
- Identical file formats for each version of DBT. That means a file prepared on any platform can be used on any other!
- Imports from popular word processors including Microsoft Word and WordPerfect, HTML, ICADD, formatted and plain ASCII, earlier Braille editors such as EDGAR and Polka dot, Duxbury's own historical file formats and more.
- The current (February 2000) translation table menu includes eighteen major languages plus seven variations, including grade 2 support for most jurisdictions where grade 2 is customarily used. Moreover, DBT allows languages other than the principal language to be embedded in the same file and treated as appropriate for the context. (Contact us if you have questions about a specific language.) Now Braille for foreign-language texts and language teaching texts is a snap.
- Bi-directional (print-to-Braille and Braille-to-print) translation
- American Computer Braille Code (CBC) translation
- American textbook layout according to Braille Authority of North America (BANA) standards, and likewise the Braille Authority of the United Kingdom (BAUK) customs for the same purpose
- Accurate presentation of both print or Braille in either WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) or coded (how-you-get-what-you-want) views in the word-processing screen, with easy switching between views
- A "translated line" showing the "other" form in either print or Braille files
- Six-key chording for Braille and print entry, not timing-based, compatible with most keyboards
- Help screens throughout the program
- Documentation in print, Braille & electronic formats
- Over 100 formatting & translation codes for a high level of flexibility
- A library of user-configurable styles
- A user-extendable template library for even more flexibility
- A spell-checker with 300,000-word dictionary
- A "Quick Find Misspelling" feature for increased speed and ease of use
- Embossing to all major Braille printers; the first page may be a "banner" for job identification by personnel who don't read Braille
- The Duxbury Braille Font for viewing Braille dots within other programs
- Choice of single-user, site & other licenses
- The ability to process files as large as the operating system allows
- The ability to have multiple files open simultaneously
Contact Me for a Free Demo
Let us know how to reach you to arrange a no-obligation free demonstration
*30-day money back guarantee excludes software purchases and products that are produced by other companies than HumanWare