The Victor Reader Trek has been an invaluable tool in my "toolbox" while out traveling with my Leader Dog or cane, especially in new and unfamiliar areas. While I do enjoy listening to books or internet radio streams from time to time, I particularly appreciate the GPS portion of the Victor Reader Trek because it allows me to explore and be more aware of my surroundings without the stressful task of memorizing complex routes and street names.
Victor Reader Trek – GPS and media player
Orientation & entertainment in one mobile package
The Victor Reader Trek combines a GPS navigator and map browsing with an audio player, so you roam the city or enjoy your favorite book while riding the train. At the touch of a button, you can plan your trip, hear the nearest address, the direction you're heading and nearby points of interest. Mobility that remains easy and enjoyable.
I'm really enjoying my Victor Reader Trek. Even though I'm a competent iPhone user there's something to be said about a consistent UI to access and navigate content from different sources.
When I received my current Leader Dog, I also received the Victor Reader Trek. I never leave home without it, especially if I am walking or using public transit. The new maps are fantastic and it is so easy to use. I love the big buttons, especially in the cold winter.
How does this product change your life?
Imagine a device that is on the cutting edge of GPS technology and offers you the best map browsing and intuitive mobility tools there are. Put simply: the confidence to get where you are going easily and the freedom to enjoy entertainment on the go. The Victor Reader Trek does just that! You can travel with confidence by browsing maps to plan your trip knowing that your landmarks will always be your points of reference. You can also watch your favourite show or listen to the latest book or podcast while you are riding the bus or the train. The Victor Reader Trek delivers on your expectations for ease of use, voice recognition, and GPS functionalities.
- Toggle between Orientation Guidance and Book Reading
- Uses GPS and provides vocal pedestrian or vehicle instructions
- Navigate to a specific address or saved landmark
- Record and follow a route to a location and back
- “Where Am I” Key press to know your exact location and description of your surrounding
- Record a voice tagged landmark
- Explore points of interests around you
- Navigate in open areas such as college campus, parks or similar
- Directly download or transfer books from dedicated libraries
- Internet radio streaming or transfer content to listen offline
- Access Wikipedia
- Bookmark and navigate content
- Record audio notes, to-do lists, lectures, meeting notes or save new landmarks
- Connects to Wi-fi, to a USB or to a Computer
- Online or offline modes - no need for data sim card to use the device
- Numeric keypad and specific key shapes for different functions
- More detailed specifications and supported Libraries can be found on the Victor Reader Stream page
- Battery autonomy L 12 to 15 hours
- Battery recharge time: Up to 4 hours with AC adapter. May be longer with other chargers or PC recharge
14 Languages: English North America, English UK, English Australia, French France, French Canada, German, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Finnish, Italian, Arabic
Voice auto-switch mode: 2 languages in one device
- Dimensions: 114 x 62 x 24 mm (4.5’’ x 2.4’’ x 0.9’’)
- Weight: 140 g (5.0 ounces), including battery
- HERE maps technology
- Firmware upgrade via SD card or online
- Battery updates via SD card or online
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, 3.7V nominal
- Power Supply: Switching type AC/DC. Input 100V – 240V, 50Hz – 60Hz. Output: Type A USB socket, 5VDC, 1A
- SD (Secure Digital) card slot supports up to 32gb SDHC cards
- Talking Book formats: DAISY 2, 2.02 , NISO Z39.86 2002,/2005, NIMAS 1.1, unprotected EPUB 2, LGK
- Built-in 500 mW speaker, 3.5mm stereo Headset jack and Bluetooth for listening on Bluetooth headsets
- Built-in mono omni-directional microphone
- Built in GPS
- Audible: Enhanced format supported (.aax)
- Text-to-Speech: Acapela
- Recording: MP3 format
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n operating in the 2.4GHz band
What's in the box?
- Victor Reader Trek device
- Power adaptor
- USB-Micro USB cable (long)
- Short USB cable for support of thumb drives or cartridges
- SD Memory Card (8GB)
- Carrying case
- Black wrist strap
- Getting started sheet
1-year warranty (extendable)