BrailleBox V5 production embosser
Production embosser for high quality braille
For fast, high-volume braille embossing from cut paper, BrailleBox V5 offers exceptional value. Internationally recognized for its design, quiet and affordable, printing large quantities of documents and commercial prints has never been this easy.
How does this product change your life?
This first fully enclosed single sheet braille embosser is affordable, reliable and quiet like a regular ink printer. The design excellence of BrailleBox V5 is reflected in every detail!
Located in your office, it allows you to print large quantities of A3 or 11x17 size braille books with its motorized tray optimized to hold up to 400 single sheets.
The integrated direct braille translator (idB) allows you to print braille from any text file and translate into 150 languages in uncontracted (Grade 1) or contracted (Grade 2, UEB) braille. Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux, you can select Braille embossing options, format the Braille layout, add page numbering, and more. Quiet, reliable and affordable, the BrailleBox V5 is perfectly designed to meet the printing needs of contractors, braille book suppliers, school districts, and government agencies.
- Characters per second: up to 300
- Pages per hour: up to 900
- Sheet feeder size: 400 pages
- Low noise level
- Newspaper format
- Web interface embedded
- Dimensions: 72 x 90 x 71 cm (28.8 x 35.4 x 28.4’’)
- Weight: 65.2 kg (137 lbs)
- Paper type: cut Paper, copy quality A4, A3, letter, 11x17, 11x11,5
- Paper weight: 120-180 gram/m2
- Supported paper sizes A3, A4, letter, 11X17 inches
- Paper tray volume: holds up to 400 sheets
- Dot forming technology 3 embossing head with 13 hammers
- Braille dot size height max 0.3 mm diameter max 1,6 mm
- Braille fonts 2.5 mm
- Braille cell 6 or 8 dots
- Max character per line 37 depending on duplexing and paper size
- Tactile DPI: 50
- Braille text buffer 10.000 pages unlimited number of copies
- User interface multiple speech feedback keys labeled in ink and braille and LED status
- USB 2.0 standard
- Network 100 MB standard TCP/IP possibly to install directly to an IP address at a LAN
- Headphone plug standard 3.5 mm
- Voltage 100-240 V AC
- Power max 400 Watt
- Stand by power 5 Watt
- Eco power down max 1.0 Watt
What's in the box?
- BrailleBox V5 braille printer
- User manual
- Power cord
- Index USB memory stick
- USB cord
- Transport locks