Victor Reader Stratus12 M – Daisy and MP3 reader
A user-friendly audio player for structured and efficient playback navigation
Victor Reader Stratus M multi-media player gives you exceptional access to DAISY books, recorded books, music, and computer documents from more media sources than ever. The Stratus12 M model has a 12-key telephone-style pad ideal for highly structured reading navigation such as reference books and textbooks. User-friendly and accessible: Victor Reader Stratus M is an audio player for everyone!
How does this product change your life?
Smaller and lighter on the outside yet smarter and better sounding on the inside—that’s the Victor Reader Stratus M. Unlike the previous generation, voice reading is available from several types of media: CDs, SD cards, and USB flash drives. All models feature large, tactile, high-contrast keys, a built-in speaker and headphone jack, and self-voicing controls, making it simply the friendliest audio media player around.
Open up to a world of discoveries by listening to any computer text documents thanks to its built-in text-to-speech capability. The Victor Reader Stratus12 M includes a 12-key telephone style number pad for direct navigation functions. You can simply enter a page number to be directed to that page. Browse directly into sections of text documents, recorded DAISY books and MP3 files or automatically resume reading where you left off.
The audiobook reader that boasts usability and simplicity—this is the Victor Reader Stratus that is right for you.
- Portable - Integrated carrying handle and rechargeable battery
- Large, tactile, high-contrast keys
- Plays multimedia books and music from CDs, SD cards and USB flash drives
- Easily navigate novels, magazines, newspapers, and text documents
- Telephone-style number pad for navigation to specific pages in highly structured publications such as reference and text books
- Optional keypad cover hides all but the most essential keys to simulate a traditional cassette player
- Built-in text-to-speech capability
- Navigate Bookshelves, DAISY books, commercial audio books, music files and text files. Browse text and recorded DAISY books by chapter, section, subsection, phrase
- Transfer content from daisy online libraries on the device - Direct to player features available on demand
- Navigate MP3 books and music, moving by folder, file, and specific time jumps
- Move through text files by sentence, paragraph, word or even spell words
- Resume reading where you left off on each book you are reading
- Bookmark content in books, audio files or documents
- Variable speed - Increase playback speed to read more quickly
- Sleep timer
- Information key - Announces book info (title, total/elapsed/remaining time, total pages/headings)
- Where am I key - Always know where you are in a book (page, chapter, headings, etc.)
- Key describer - Announces the functions of each key
- Every Victor Reader Stratus model offers a choice of 4-arrow or 12-key number pad
- Battery recharge time: 4 hours
- Battery autonomy: 6 to 9 hours
16 Languages: English, Arabic*, Danish, Dutch, Estonian*, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic*, Italian*, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Russian*, Romanian*, Slovenian*, Spanish*, Swedish
*Available on Model M, Not M+ / H
- Dimensions: 22 x 21.6 x 4.8 cm (8.7 x 8.5 x 1.9 in.)
- Weight: 0.95 kg (2.1 lbs.) with battery
- CD, SD, USB, TTS
- Plays DAISY, Audio and MP3 CDs
- DAISY formats supported: 2.0 and 2.0.2
- Rechargeable Li-Polymer battery
- Coding algorithms: AAC, FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, WAV
- Text-to-speech: Acapela (Stratus M) to play BRF, DOCX, RTF, txt, html, xml files
- Power jack: 2.5 mm (interior) / 5.5 mm (exterior)
- Headphone jack: 3.5 mm
- Firmware upgrade via CD or SD/USB
What's in the box?
- Victor Reader Stratus12M device
- Power adaptor
- CD User's guide
- Getting started guide