Absolutely love my new Mantis Q40. Having the qwerty keyboard and braille makes it so user friendly for everything from reading books to using for work.
Mantis Q40 braille display
The first–of–its–kind integrated keyboard and refreshable braille display
The Mantis Q40 is the first-ever Bluetooth® QWERTY keyboard and 40-cell refreshable braille display that you can pair with your screen reader or smartphone or simply use as a standalone device. Either way, you have braille at your fingertips, every time.
Another use for the excellent Mantis Q40! …I used it to log in via SSH through prompt on my phone to my VPS. Having braille makes it easier to keep track of larger directories and ensure the right operators are entered.
I like the Mantis Q40. Forty cells of braille, qwerty keyboard so you don’t have to learn a separate set of screen reader command.
How does this product change your life?
The Mantis Q40 is a complete all-in-one, laptop-sized QWERTY keyboard with a built-in, refreshable 40-cell braille display that you can pair with your screen reader or smartphone via Bluetooth and USB connections.
As you tap the keys on the laptop-sized Mantis, the refreshable braille line under the keyboard delivers braille reinforcement to your chosen screen reader simultaneously. The product is slim, lightweight and fits easily into a laptop sleeve. On the go, the built-in memory and Editor application allow you to turn it into a standalone braille reader and notebook. Once connected, access online libraries to upload your favorite books.
With the Mantis Q40, you no longer have to choose between a keyboard and a braille device. It's a truly innovative tool that makes it easier for you to get involved and get things done.
Qwerty keyboard with 40 cells braille display
- Connects to 5 Bluetooth devices and 1 USB device simultaneously
- Onboard applications to be productive like Daisy book reader
- Compatible with several file formats including doc, docx, txt, brf, brl pdf and more
- Government mode (optional on purchase)
- Exam mode
- Access to online participating libraries including Bookshare
- Over 250 Onboard language braille tables
- HumanWare signature thumb keys
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Date and time
- Online library
Screen reader compatibility: JAWS 18 and above, Dolphin SuperNova, NVDA, VoiceOver iOS, and MAC iOS
System languages supported (including Menu translation)
- French fr
- French ca
- Dutch (language only)
- Portuguese Brazil
- Device weight: 950 g (2.1 lbs)
- Device dimensions (w x d x h): 290 x 170 x 20 mm / 11.4’’ x 6.69’’ x 0.78‘’
- Removable battery
- 32-bit ARM based Cortex®-A, 536MHz processor
- 4 GB of RAM memory
- 16 GB of internal storage to serve as the boot device, firmware and data storage
- Rechargeable and user replaceable Li-Ion Battery
- USB device high speed interface for connection to a computer and recharge
- Real Time clock with battery backup
- User accessible SD card socket
- Wireless Bluetooth 4.2 module (dual mode)
- Wireless Wi-Fi module (2,4 GHz)
- Haptic feedback
What's in the box?
- Mantis Q40 braille display
- USB-C charging cable with power supply (works with any USB charger, but may charge slower)
- User guide (stored on the device)
- TPU case (green)
- Printed quick start guide
1–year warranty in all zones except Europe and United Kingdom
2–years warranty in Europe and United Kingdom