The BrailleNote Touch Plus has been amazing for me so far. It combines everything I do on all my devices into one. I am a high school student who studies maths and 2 languages, Italian and Spanish, so I really appreciate the maths capabilities of the device and the ability to be able to write in multiple languages.
BrailleNote Touch Plus 32 – Tablet and note taker
The perfect braille note taker to connect and engage with your world
The 32-cell BrailleNote Touch Plus 32 combines the simplicity of a note-taking tool with the power of a smart digital device. Supported by the Android Oreo platform, it takes your braille experience to new levels and keeps you engaged and connected with your world.
What an incredible device! The audio online tutorials are incredible and are easily accessible for use in training on the uses of the device for our blind users, even at a young age. I have a 4th grade student who is using the device and the capabilities that this device has brought to her have opened a whole new world for her educationally, socially, and personally.
I am loving my Touch Plus! I purchased my own devise so I can learn and teach my students to use their devices. It is easy to use, and the added feature of the screen helps classroom teachers and other sighted people who are non-Braille users to access the information that students are writing.
It is no exaggeration for me to say that the BrailleNote Touch Plus enabled me to be successful in college, as well as employment. It is an amazing device! I love the thumb keys and how much I can do with it, everything from reading books to writing documents and browsing. I am very grateful to own my BrailleNote Touch Plus and I love it!
How does this product change your life?
Powered by Android and driven by KeySoft, BrailleNote Touch Plus offers an immersive and connected experience in multiple languages. It is equipped with a unique touch screen that makes communication between students and teachers fully interactive.
This powerful note taker, equipped with an ultra-fast processor, makes it easy to write assignments or create graphics without making noise. You can download and read books, watch YouTube videos, send emails and share content on Dropbox and Google Drive cloud services. BrailleNote Touch Plus gives you both the means to learn effectively and the power to fuel your goals, from grade school to the workplace.
32 braille cells with cursor routing keys
- Worlds first Google certified braille tablet
- Save and create content using one of the many applications available (see list of KeySoft specific applications below)
- Install apps from the PlayStore
- Supports Google Classroom and other LMS
- Visual touch surface and screen with use of HumanWare Patent Touch Braille
- Ergonomic removable Perkins keyboard
- HumanWare signature thumb keys for navigation
- Onboard applications powered by KeySoft
- Text to speech engine
- Bluetooth and wireless connection
- Book Reader
- Supports various file formats, including docx, pdf and html
- Supports multiple languages and braille tables
- Create real time graphs
- Onboard braille translation (Duxbury and Liblouis included)
- Battery life: 12 hours
- KeyWord - Word processor
- KeyFiles - File manager
- KeyMail - Email
- KeyList - Contacts
- KeyPlan - Planner
- KeyMath - Math editor
- KeyCalc - Scientific calculator
- KeyBrf - Braille editor
- Chrome - Internet
- EasyReader + - Book reader
- Play Store and much more
- Install third party applications including Google Classroom, or Zoom
- Device weight: 900 g (2 lbs)
- Device dimensions (w x d x h): 24.4 x 16.2 x 2.06 cm / 9.5’’ x 6.3’’ x 0.8‘’
- Touch screen dimension: 22.86 cm x 7.62 cm (9” x 3.8”)
- LCD screen dimension: 1024 x 600 18 cm (7”) diagonal LCD screen
- Removable battery
- Platform: Android 8.1
- 4 GB of RAM memory
- 64 GB of internal storage capacity
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5.0 GHz)
- Frequency band: 2.4 GHz (channels 1 to 13) and 5.0 GHz
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Audio CODEC with volume control, microphone input, 1W stereo speakers and stereo headphones output
- Internal omni directional MEMS type microphone
- External SD card socket with full SDIO interface
- High-Resolution video output (audio and video) for external display
- 21MP camera with dual LED flash
- USB 3.0 type C port for PC connectivity, debug and battery recharge.
- USB 2.0 type A host port capable of supplying 500 mA
- Access to USB 3.0 speeds
- Real Time Clock with battery backup
- Vibration device
- 3D accelerometer
- 3D gyroscope
- 3D electronic compass
What's in the box?
- BrailleNote Touch Plus tablet
- Carrying case
- Nylon strap with shoulder pad
- Power adaptor
- USB-C cable
- Printed/braille getting started sheet
- Printed/braille command summary
- Cleaning cloth
1 – year warranty