A Tactile Image Maker
A simple and Fast way to prepare Tactile Graphics.
Piaf is a machine that makes raised line drawings on special paper, called capsule or swell paper. Users can draw, print or photocopy pictures onto the swell paper and pass it through the Piaf. The heat of the Piaf causes the lines to swell and then the drawing can be read with the fingers. It is ideal for people who are blind and vision impaired. Piaf is being used in a variety of educational, employment and personal settings.
In early education Piaf can be used to
- Introduce simple shapes and basic concepts;
- Learn to draw and taking the first tentative steps to expressing oneself graphically;
- Learn about handwriting and signature writing.
In secondary and post secondary education Piaf can be used to access graphical information in nearly all subject areas especially Math and Science.
Piaf produces high quality localized area maps for orientation and mobility training and for campus or building maps for new students.
With Piaf, blind and vision impaired people can understand the information on a computer screen, grasp organizational structure of the business and access sales charts. One or two tactile diagrams can save thousands of words.
Piaf can be used to make a chess board accessible, accessing pictures to know the difference between a giraffe and a leopard, and exploring world maps to identify where countries are located.
- Handles paper sizes up to A3 (11x7 inches).
- Fast operation.
- Audio Indication - a beep lets you know when to insert the next sheet.
- Special circuit to extend heater life.
- Energy efficient and quiet.
- Easy handling - strong, easy-grip handle and fold down paper trays.
- Comprehensive safety features.
Let us know how to reach you to arrange a no-obligation free demonstration
â€ Free shipping valid for contiguous USA. Free shipping does not apply on the following products: Prodigi Duo, Prodigi Desktop, SmartView Synergy, SmartView 360 and all accessories.
*30-day money back guarantee excludes software purchases and products that are produced by other companies than HumanWare